Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Stitchy Mail!

So one of my BILs is getting married next month.  I've been feeling somewhat left out because my DH is best man, DS#1 is an usher, and DS#2 is ring bearer.

I haven't been able to get really close to my soon-to-be sister in law.  I kind of blame that on my BIL though.  He doesn't bring her around much because that is just how he is.

I was kind of hoping that the wedding would be able to bring future SIL and I a little closer.  It gets lonely being in a family with mostly boys in it.  I figured out that if that is ever going to happen, I am going to have to make the first move.  I am assuming that it is a bit intimidating to marry into this family since I have been married to DH for almost 20 years and other BIL has been married for over 30 years.  Other BIL and his wife live out of state though and very rarely ever come around.

I don't ever make wedding samplers for people, but I decided to ask future SIL if she would like one.  I told her it was ok if it wasn't her sort of thing.  But she said she thought it would be something nice to have.  Since I don't know the type of things she likes, I gave her a link to an online store to look at some.  She picked out Love Tree by Bothy Threads.  She was worried about price, but I told her it was a good deal since it was a kit.  Although I am swapping out the aida fabric for an evenweave.  That will just be our little secret though.  ;)

So I'm excited to get started on this one.  I don't feel left out of the wedding anymore, which is good.  Future SIL seems a lot more chatty with me now too.  So hopefully this is a start of friendship between us.  :)

10 comments:

cucki said...

Wow such a sweet new stitch..
It's so cute
Happy stitching
Hugs x

Dawn said...

that is a very sweet and thoughtful gesture. nice design

Dawn said...

that is a very sweet and thoughtful gesture. nice design

Stitching Noni said...

Lovely design to stitch for the wedding :)

Sarah in Stitches said...

Oh, this is a great pick! It looks like it'll be fun to stitch. Enjoy!

Robin in Virginia said...

What a sweet design for a wedding sampler!

Robin in Virginia

Linda said...

Great new chart Shannon.

Linda

Mii Stitch said...

Wow, a lovely new project full of colours & looking very pretty but also full of backstitching :) Have fun!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a great choice for a wedding sampler. It was a really good idea to ask her advice too so you know she will like it.

I married my hubby when we were both in our 40s so Yes it is very nerve-wracking marrying into a family where everyone has known each other for 20 plus years and you are the newbie. My two SILs are very close as is one niece so the three of them tend to have those conversations that only they fully understand!!
Luckily my BIL's wife and the other two BILs are great and really easy to talk to.

trillium said...

That's beautiful and I'm sure she will treasure having something special.