Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

The Day After

So it is now the day after Christmas and I am feeling a bit blue today. It was nice spending the day with at least part of our families. But I already miss having family around. My BIL, his soon-to-be fiancee, and my MIL came. My DB, his GF and our mom came over too. They could only stay for a few hours since the GFs had their own families to go visit.

I got an unexpected gift of cash yesterday and now I am trying to decide what to do with it. I could sign up for one the new Chatelaines. I've been debating between Castle Moyland or the Octopus Treasure Cave. I already have fabric in my stash that would work for both of them. Serengeti has also caught my attention but it won't be coming out until March. I'm not sure I want to wait that long. Plus I am not sure if I have fabric that would be big enough for it. I've also been thinking about the new Mirabilia Golden Girl Apples. I like that it is different and I have a thing for apple orchards. I have fabric that would work for it as well. I would only be able to buy one of the charts, so I not sure what to do.

I haven't done any stitching lately since I have been busy preparing for Christmas. I am feeling very run down today, so I think I am going to try to take it easy and stitch. A nap sounds really good right now too. I don't know if I am getting sick or if it is just post holiday exhaustion. Whatever it is, I hope it passes quickly.

Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sometimes people do get the after Christmas blues. My hubby says it sets in on Christmas afternoon for him as we have a Christmas lunch. My advice to him was to get something to play with. It helps take your mind off it. I played with my new bead loom Christmas evening and haven't stopped since. Go get one of those charts to cheer yourself up. Happy stitching!

Joysze said...

I'm sorry you're feeling blue, Shannon. :( I hope you're better today?

Hmm... decisions, decisions on the charts. Which one do you HAVE to have? ;)