Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

First post since April!

I can't believe I haven't posted since April!  I haven't really been doing much stitching though since then.  It's just been in the last week I have picked up a needle.  I was inspired on our 20th wedding anniversary trip to design my own little lake cottage design.  So I have been working on that. 

 
 We had such an amazing time on our trip!  It's the first time in years I felt completely relaxed.  We spent a couple of nights on Mackinac Island.  I was a bit worried as we were going early in the year which meant the weather could have been awful.  There were some chilly moments and some very foggy moments, but mostly it was sunny and perfect!

This is was our 4th time on the island but the first time we ever stayed overnight.  It was so wonderful and everything I hoped it would be!  We stayed at a small inn that was built in 1900.  The innkeeper was so nice and friendly.  The inn was decorated beautifully.  They even had a small bottle of champagne waiting for us when we arrived.  I loved our trip so much that I've talked DH into celebrating our anniversary there every year!  :)

Here are just a few of the many, many pics of our trip:

 







 
After we left the island, we went to see the Tahquamenon Falls.  It's the first time I had seen them in about 30 years and DH had never been.  We had a really nice afternoon there.  



 

Hopefully I will be posting again soon with a pic of my finished cottage.  :)

7 comments:

Sarah in Stitches said...

Looks like you had a lovely trip! And that's a beautiful design you've made, can't wait to see the rest of it! :D

Mii Stitch said...

Fantastic pictures of your trip! Looks like you had a fabulous time :)

Melanie said...

Love the colors in your design, and looking forward to seeing it finished. :)

cucki said...

Aww it's so pretty xxx

Robin in Virginia said...

What a lovely trip you had! Thank you for sharing the pictures of your trip. Your cottage is looking great, Shannon. How cool to design your own!

Robin in Virginia

Anonymous said...

beautiful cross stitching and photo's

Marilyn said...

The pics are beautiful.
Love the horses!
Your little cottage design is pretty.
Marilyn