I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. My weekend was very nice. Saturday afternoon was our city's annual Trick-or-Treating downtown event. So we took DS#2 and a couple of his friends to that. DS dressed up as a zombie. Sunday was a lazy day. We hung out at home and enjoyed the nice weather. We also barbecued and had a little bonfire.
This weekend we also discussed the upcoming holidays. We decided that we need a change. For the last several years hosting every single holiday has fallen on to us. We are also the only ones who make the plans to have our niece visit throughout the year too. Having to do Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day is just too much. We don't have time to relax or enjoy the holidays, especially me. No one seems to understand the pressure and stress it puts on me trying to put everything together, plus the financial burden. I'm exhausted physically and mentally when it is all said and done.
So this year, it is my mission to put holiday fun back into my life! I love this time of year and I want to be able to enjoy it once again. We have decided that we are not hosting Thanksgiving or Christmas Eve this year. That is going to free up so much time for us as a family. If someone else wants to host, that's great. But if not, I will just see them all on Christmas Day if they have time to visit us.
This year I am excited about the holiday exchanges I am doing too. Last year, I only received 1 Christmas card and it made me feel sad. I understand that alot of people don't have the money to send out cards anymore, but I really miss getting something special in the mail. At least this year I get to look forward to getting some Christmas-y packages. Plus I love making stitchy gifts for other people. I have no one to make them for in my family except for my DH and kids.
In stitching news, I have been working on one of the Lizzie Kate 6 Fat Men charts. I hope to finish it in the next day or two. I just love snowmen! I thought about stitching them together on one piece of fabric. But I decided to do them separately so I can scatter them around the house.
Lizzie Kate - Snowed In
5 comments:
happy monday :)so glad that you had a lovely weekend..
your stitching is really looking so lovely..
happy stitching dear and have a lovely day xxx
Good for you, Shannon, for thinking about you!! :D It's been so kind and generous of you to host the holiday get togethers but I'm glad you're taking time for yourself this year to just ENJOY. :)
Cute snowman start.
Lovely start! :D I love those fat guys too! ehehhe
Have a great week :D
Only 1 card last year? I can't commit to a ornie exchange but I can send you a stitched Christmas card.
My email is in my profile, send me your address and I'll check the last posting dates!
Great new start Shannon. I am going to be stitching the snowmen on a blue piece of fabric so it was especially nice to see yours. Well done for thinking of yourself and putting the fun back into christmas for you and your family.
Post a Comment