Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Hooray for the Weekend!


I'm so glad the weekend is here. I just want to thank everyone for the kind words. I feel alot better today. It just was not a good time for anything to go wrong.



I wasn't really thinking about it until last night, but it was one year ago yesterday that DH was told his father only had a matter of hours to live. He passed away the next day. But I know he is in a better place and I am sure he is having an absolute blast. He's probably walking around with his newspapers, talking and telling stories to anyone and everyone. I am sure he is keeping everyone very entertained!




Since it is a chilly day, I think I am going make some hot chocolate when the boys get home from school and spend the evening watching movies. I also have Charlie Brown's Halloween DVR'd for us to watch. So a nice relaxing night awaits me.



Last night I decided to pull out Victoria Sampler's Gingerbread Garden Sampler to work on. I got a few more bands stitched on it. I think it is going to be my project for today too.



And now we are going to play "What's in my Stitching Bag?" :) As you will see I have a serious case of stitching attention disorder!!!



First up is Chatelaine's Tuscany Town Mandala. I love this piece so much and hope to finish it sometime next year. It's my goal to be able to visit Italy one day:

Then there is Lizzie Kate's Snowed In which will hopefully be done very soon. I kind of got burnt out stitching the white. I don't enjoy stitching with white:

I have Chatelaine's Evening in the Park which is being neglected even though I really love this piece:

I have Mirabilia's Seaside Kingdom which I really hope to finish one day. This is one of my favorite Mirabilia designs:



There is also Chatelaine's Medieval Town Mandala. I love this design so much and can't wait for the day it is hanging on my wall finished:
Then there is Mirabilia's Sabrina. She's being neglected too because of the white. But I love, love, love her and will keep on until she is finished one day:And there is Mirabilia's Venetian Opulence who joins the other neglected projects. She will get finished one day because I think she's gorgeous:





And Mirabilia's Mediterranean Mermaid who is not as neglected as the others, but she should really be finished by now:

And lastly, Country Cottage Needleworks' Sugar Plum Fairy. I don't know why this one is not done yet. But hopefully I will get the motivation to finish it before Christmas:


So that is what is in my stitching bag. Maybe next time I should play "What's Hanging on My Wall" to show that I really do finish things. :)







12 comments:

cucki said...

hello dear, so glad that you are feeling much better..i am sending more of my fairy wishes to make you perfect:)
i love your stitching so much..all of your projects are so lovely..
keep stitching..love for you xx

kate n said...

You have some gorgeous projects in the making :)

Charity C. said...

Glad you are feeling better :) You have so many projects! They are all so beautiful and I can't wait to see them finished! When I heard you were watching Charlie Brown I couldn't believe it! I also am watching that movie with Angel!! LOL

Rachel said...

I am glad you are feeling better. I love that you shared all your projects with us. I feel better knowing I am not alone in WIPs!

I definitely understand you getting burnt out on white. It seems like all I have been doing the last couple of day is stitch white. (Which also happens to be snowmen!)

I am stitching Medieval Town Mandala as well, almost as far as you!

All your Mirabilias looking wonderful. Mediterranean Mermaid looks like she is close to being finished!

I like your little "what's in my stitching bag" game. I may borrow that idea if you don't mind. I think you should do a "what's on my wall" post. I would love to see your finishes!

♥ Nia said...

Glad to know you're feeling better =)
You have so many beautiful projects on your hands :) Mirabilia ladies are gorgeous!!! :D Hope to see some finishes soon ;)
Have a great weekend!!! :D

Shebafudge said...

Some gorgeous pieces in your stitching bag and I love the idea of showing what's on your walls too!

Blu said...

Glad to hear that you're feeling much better :)
Your WIPs are all so gorgeous! Definitely do "What's Hanging on the Walls" next time.

Lesleyanne said...

Glad you are feeling better. You have got some gorgeous projects in your bag. I especially love the Mira ladies.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Gorgeous stitching. It looks like you have enough projects to keep you organised.

SoCal Debbie said...

You certainly have a lot of beautiful WIP! Sabrina is gorgeous. Yes, you should play "What's on my walls?"

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Glad you're feeling happier today. You need to finsh the Seaside Kingdom so you can sell the chart to me! I love it and have seen a perfect piece of fabric on Dovestitch's website for it.
And yes, we need to see "What I have on my walls" folowed by "What I have in my cupboard" and "what I have waiting to be framed" or is that just me?

Davant del Riu said...

Tus trabajos son preciosos. Saludos Jop beatufi?