Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Some GGA progress

It is a snowy Sunday around here, but it won't be staying.  It will all be melted by Tuesday when it warms up again.  This is the strangest winter ever.  I have yet to bring out our snow boots.  We have had barely anything to shovel all season.  Not a single snowman has been built. There are no gigantic mounds of snow piled around. The sleds are still put up in the garage.  It just seems so wrong not to have had major snow dumped on us several times by now! Who broke winter?


So here is Mirabilia's Golden Girl Apples after a week of stitching.  I am so in love with the colors!  I hope Nora decides to do more vintage ad designs in the future.


I also decided that I needed to do something useful with my stash of beads.  What is the point of having them if they are just going to continue sitting in a box?  So I made a beaded bookmark.  


It has been a very boring weekend, so even though it is a little early I brought out my little tree and decorated it for Valentine's Day.  I definately need to stitch more things for my tree.  The only stitched ornament I have on it right now is from an exchange I did a few years ago.  I have one more to put on, but I can't figure out where I put it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

12 comments:

Joysze said...

Love your snow picture, Shannon.

I agree, the colors in Golden Girl are gorgeous!!! Love your beaded bookmark as well.

Cute tree too! :D

Cindy's Stitching said...

very pretty. The colors are looking nice.

Lesleyanne said...

Golden girl looks great. Love your beads and Valentine decoration.

kate n said...

If we had that snow here we would still make snowmen and go sledding - it doesn't usually get much more than that for us:) Gorgeous colours and I love the bookmark.

cucki said...

oh i love snow so much..sweet snow picture..
your stitching is looking super sweet..keep it up..
love the bookmark..
big hugs cucki xx

Angie said...

Cute bookmark. Probably all the snow will come at once. Winter will have her say

Anonymous said...

I would be interested in an exchange. I've never done one!

♥ Nia said...

Your white photo looks lovely :)
I think the Winter is broken all over the globe! Here we should have more rain (not that I like it but the water is needed too =/).. broken Winter.. it's true...

Beautiful colors indeed!! :D
Enjoy your stitching! :) Your valentine tree looks adorable with that pink!

Oh I wish I had some time to work on an exchange, I'd love to swap with you! I love getting mail too :D right now I have to much on my plate already =/ Maybe another time we can do it :)
Have a great week!!! :D

Ginny said...

The picture you took of the snow on Sunday is beautiful. I should have taken one. I don't have any snow pictures to scrapbook yet this year. Not that I am complaining, but it has been a weird winter here in Michigan. Your Golden Girl is looking great and I am going to enjoy watching your progress on this one. I love your Valentine's tree. What a cute idea.

Topcho said...

Your Valentine tree is so cute and Golden Girl looks great!

Maureen said...

I love your little Valentine tree - what a fab idea!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous stitching :D your tree looks lovely too :D